27 Oct fancy popcorn
Fancy poshing up your popcorn? Melt some butter with garlic and rosemary and pour it all over your movie-time treat.
fancy garlic and rosemary popcorn
Whip up a batch of this fancy popcorn (we’ve taken to calling it “artisanal popcorn”) and imagine you’re at the ultimate hipster ballgame in Brooklyn.
100g Popcorn kernels
About 50g of butter
1 clove of garlic
1 sprig of rosemary
1. Cook the popcorn according to the packet’s instructions.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small frying pan over a gentle heat.
3. Finely slice the garlic and add to the butter, gently cooking it for around 5 minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
4. Pick the leaves from the sprig of rosemary and add to the hot butter. Cook in the hot butter for 1 minute before turning off the heat while you wait for your popcorn to be ready.
5. Transfer your cooked popcorn to a serving bowl. Drizzle the garlic and rosemary butter all over the popcorn. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.
This recipe first appeared in Insider Magazine in The Irish Independent on October 23rd