31 Dec mini artichoke tart canapés
With the artichoke tart, apply the drizzle of pesto before serving these tarts, which are best enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
Mini Artichoke Tarts
Makes 6 mini tarts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry, defrosted
1 tablespoon of milk
6 teaspoons of soft goat cheese
12 small jarred artichokes
A handful of roughly grated Parmesan cheese
6 teaspoons of pesto
- Preheat your oven to 180c/160c/gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out your shortcrust pastry until you have a large rectangle. Cut these into six squares. Fold in the edges of each square so you create a border around each segment. Place these on the lined baking tray.
- Beat the egg and add to the milk. Use a pastry brush to coat each pastry segment completely with the egg wash.
- Add a teaspoon of goat cheese to the centre of each segment, spreading evenly within the borders.
- Add two small artichokes to each tart. Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with a drizzle of pesto.
This recipe first appeared in The Irish Independent on December 31st 2015