10 Oct mushroom linguine
If you don’t have linguine in your larder, don’t sweat it. Just use spaghetti.
mushroom linguine (serves 2, easily doubled)
150g of linguine
1 tablespoon of butter
2 handfuls of mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
1 heaped tablespoon of crème fraiche
1. Cook the linguine in a large pan of boiling, salted water following the pack instructions. It should take around 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying over a medium heat.
3. Wash and slice the mushrooms before adding them to the hot pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, finely grate the clove of garlic into the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Turn the heat down low and add your crème fraiche to the mushrooms. Stir well.
6. Drain the pasta and transfer it to the pan that’s holding your creamy mushrooms, mixing really well until the pasta is beautifully coated in all those lovely mushrooms.
7. Divide between two serving plates. Finely grate some lemon zest over the top and serve with some freshly chopped parsley.
This recipe first appeared in Insider Magazine in The Irish Independent on October 9th