21 Sep pears on toast
Pears start looking their best as the weather makes that gloriously subtle shift from late summer to early autumn. When the golden September sun finds its way to a pear on a tree, you might get lucky and see the promise of autumn bouncing back at you from these perfectly shaped fruit. We love the dark and autumnal sweetness pears take on when baked and are also mad about pears paired with cheese, whether in a sandwich or just as part of a cheeseboard.
pears on toast (for one)
Your favourite sourdough or brown bread
A few slices of Parma ham
A chunk of blue cheese (goat cheese would be nice here too if you can’t stand blue cheese)
1 ripe pear
1. Slice and toast your bread.
2. Layer your toast with parma ham.
3. Add a few slices of blue cheese.
4. Top with thinly sliced pieces of pear.
5. Finish with a generous drizzle of honey and a pinch of salt and pepper.
This recipe first appeared in Insider Magazine in The Irish Independent on September 11th