14 Nov simple arancini
Some people love arancini so much, they make risotto especially for the purposes of treating themselves to these crispy delights. Use our pumpkin risotto recipe and allow to cool before following our steps for arancini below. You’ll get 15 arancini out of our pumpkin risotto recipe.
Leftover risotto, cold (at least 100g)
2 eggs, beaten
100g Panko breadcrumbs
1 litre of vegetable oil
1. Use your hands to form little balls from the leftover risotto.
2. Arrange the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. Roll the risotto balls into the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Set aside until you’re ready to fry.
3. Carefully heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan until it is 170c or until a breadcrumb sizzles upon contact.
4. Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower the arancini into the hot oil and cook them in batches until golden brown, leaving to drain on kitchen paper towel.
5. Once cool, serve them with a spicy tomato sauce on the side or simply enjoy them on their own.
This recipe first appeared in Insider Magazine in The Irish Independent on October 30th