12 Mar smoked salmon mousse
My smooth smoked salmon mousse is fabulously simple and fast to make. Although it’s not quite a full supper in itself, a pot of it will see you through St Patrick’s weekend by making a wonderful addition to a platter of Irish cheeses, crackers and charcuterie.
smoked salmon mousse
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
100g of smoked salmon
150g of cream cheese
Zest of lemon
Fresh dill, to serve (optional)
- Roughly chop the smoked salmon and add to your food processor.
- Spoon in 150g (or thereabouts) of cream cheese.
- Add the zest of a lemon and a squeeze of its juice.
- Season well with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whizz in the food processor until wonderfully smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, you can make a more textured version by finely chopping the smoked salmon and mixing it with the other ingredients by hand.
- Serve the salmon mousse on brown bread, toasted sourdough or crackers with some fresh dill as a garnish.
This recipe first appeared in The Irish Independent on March 12th