28 Feb spicy baked eggs
We’ve flavoured our spicy baked eggs with the magical Moroccan Ras-El-Hanout spice blend.
spicy baked eggs
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
1 tablespoon of ras el hanout
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
2 tablespoons of greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon of Harissa
1. Put the tomatoes, ras el hanout, brown sugar, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper in saucepan. Simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
2. Divide sauce between two mini pie dishes (if you were using smaller ramekins, you could stretch this recipe to feed four). Crack an egg on top.
3. Bake in oven at 170c/150c fan/ gas mark 4 for 15 minutes, or until egg is set.
4. Meanwhile, mix yogurt and harissa paste.
5. Serve eggs with a dollop of harissa yogurt and a sprinkling of freshly chopped mint.
This recipe first appeared in The Irish Independent on February 26th