26 Feb spinach, walnut + blue cheese frittata
Eggs for supper. We are into that. This week we’ve shared a spinach, walnut and blue cheese frittata to be eaten at any time of day.
spinach, walnut + blue cheese frittata
2 rooster potatoes
1 glove of garlic
100g of baby spinach (2 large handfuls)
50g blue cheese
1. Peel and slice potatoes. Boil until tender (use leftover potatoes even better)
2. Fry for 3 minutes in the skillet with oil with garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile wilt the spinach, then drain any excess water.
4. Beat the eggs. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add spinach and cheese to skillet pan with potatoes. Pour in eggs. Bake in oven at 180c/160c fan gas mark… for 15 minutes, until cooked through. Serve straight from the skillet.
This recipe first appeared in The Irish Independent on February 26th